Monday, December 14, 2009

Sonia Rykiel for H&M



I FINALLY made it out to H&M this weekend to see Sonia Rykiel for H & M myself. I'm sad to say, the lackluster reviews I have been reading did accurately portray the collection. Sonia- it's not you... Where are the adorable berets? I'm only seeing grossly oversized headbands with floppy blows. Where are the lux fabrics and beautiful colors? Queen of Knits, where are the knits? I know I know, its lingerie- but still!




I will say- the slip in Sonia's signature color stripes is a great addition to any wadrobe that can't quite fit the designer's line into their budget. I purchased one and love the way it peeks out from under my black fuzzy sweater dress.

If you're looking for a statement piece to wear out however, don't bother.


And for some reason, the adorable ballet flat slippers DO NOT fit the foot. Really wishing this came out a little better.



On a side note, and not to be more of a "debbie downer"- but the sales associate was so excited that I "actually purchased" a Sonia Rykiel that he just about screamed in delight. He gave me a choice of bags (which by the way, might be the best part of the line! so beautiful) and also threw in a magazine.




Ahh wishing there were more to purchase. Maybe next season?

No comments:

Post a Comment