Friday, February 26, 2010

Give me Liberty!






I'm beyond excited about Target's latest collaboration. Let me start by saying that on my recent trip to London, I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Courthouse on Regent street, which intersects the SoHo and Carnaby areas of London, and also houses one of the most beautiful retail buildings in the world (in my hunble opinion), Libery of London.
The pictures I've included here can explain better then any of my words, but still don't quite do this magical place enough justice. It's spectacular. Liberty is to me what The Plaza is to brides...just perfect. Everything you didn't know you longed for, right there in 5 floors of glory.
And its not just about the clothing, no no that's just the tip of the iceberg. The real beauty at Libery is the textile floor, housing the most beautiful prints and blends and washes. It's textile heaven, and I haven't even mentioned the rugs.
Ok, enough drooling. Back to my point....Liberty pour Target! Yes, the delicious signature prints of Liberty, taken down a notch for the regular world to swallow, right in our own back yards. While the prints are a bit "dummed down" for lack of better explaination- they are still Liberty beauty and definitely closet (or pantry, or bike rack) worthy. The collection drops the first week in March and will include clothing (bathing suits are ADORABLE), dishware, accessories, and even a beach comber bike- which I am seriously considering. Check out the collection here.
Mark your calendars kids, the British have given us LIBERTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment